Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Good Old Days!

Hey Everyone,
Unfortunately, at the moment, I am going to have to keep this brief. Very busy time of year for me.

First, thanks to Tami and Rhonda for getting this together. This is cool. Definitely the band brings back lots and lots of fond memories.

So here's the Reader's Digest version of my life since High School:

1986 Oxnard College - Working at Heck Music
1987 Ventura College
1988 UCSB - Bus Econ Major (graduated with Degree in Poli Sci in 1991)
1989 Met and started dating Stacie Aichner (she was in Pops Choir)
1991 Married Stacie
1993 Oour son Cameron was born (he was named after Cameron Fry from Ferris Bueller - yes I'm a dork)
2001 Divorce - Cameron lives with me (with mom on weekends)
1996 - 2007 working in Art Department of harbor Freight Tools doing production graphics
2006 Joined a Rock & Roll band called The Esquires (Changed name in 2007 to The Tiger Town Aces)
2007 Started new carrier as a mail carrier for the USPS (decided to get off my ass and out from behind a desk)

I still play my sax and bass, I write mysteries (won awards, nothing published yet), hopefully soon.

Cameron plays sax (alto & baritone) at Balboa. He also plays bass guitar and will be doing Marching Band next year at Buena.

That's about it for now. I will be back on soon to contribute more and see how everyone is doing.

Later,

Raul "Pee Wee" Melendez

3 comments:

Dave said...

Pee Wee,

Wow, quite the readers digest, good thing you did not do the novel version, at least now we are all prepared for the novel version and actually I am looking forward to it. Tami and I are so glad to see that you posted and are really excited to hear more. Best wishes with your novels and having a son follow your footsteps at Biola. Wish my kids would play an instrument but being on honor roll and staying out of trouble is good enough for me. Tami's children all play instruments just like mom so we are very excited about that.

Thank you so much for posting it is great to hear about you, we have thought about you many times.

Dave and Tami

Tami said...

Hey PW so glad that now I have two places to follow you!!! This is going to be so awesome!! Especially since it looks like you are the first to have posted that will actually have a Marching Bulldog next season!! How exciting!! Dave is coming up to see me in January... can't wait... we talk about how much fun it will be when we can get everyone coordinated and together at the same time!! Especially since it looks like he will be moving back to the great North West by this next summer... it should be getting easier to start looking at that kind of event for all of us!

Love ya buddy!!!! Hope you guys have a great Holiday.... ours will be different that is for sure!

take care....
Tami

Rhonda said...

Hey PeeWee!!
So glad you are on board! Can't believe it's been this long! I was remembering with Tami, that you were one of my first friends in Ventura, back at Balboa!! Glad to hear life is good and still filled with music! I had a disasterous 9 year marriage where music was not a part of my life....much happier now that I'm back in the thick of it!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Luv Ya
Rahonda