Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hello from Califonia

This is Quentin Green. I graduated in '85, but was not in the band my senior year. I played the trombone, and remember Jeff, and I think you as well Tony.

Since highschool, I went to San Diego State and got my BS in Finance. From there I went to Seminary to get my Master of Divinity, thinking I wanted to become a professor of Philosophy of Religion. Having just started a family, not wanting to pursue a Phd, I held random sales jobs for a while before starting with the California Dept. of Transportation in their Right of Way department (my brother has been doing that for many years, and encouraged me into it).

Since then I have left Caltrans, joined a private consulting firm and am in Sacramento working for the company, trying to build a new market for the company.

I've done the first wife thing, and am working towards a second :p.

I have a 16 year old son, and an 11 year old son. They are great boys, and live here in Sacramento. My oldest is dating a girl now, and boy does that bring back memories of my high-school days! Sort of freaks me out.

Well, that's a brief run-down. I lost contact with everyone since highschool. Without having been a member of classmates.com, I would never have heard from Rhonda, I'm sure. I used to hang out with Daniel Wilson, another trombone player in the band at that time, who graduated in '84? I was friends with his brother Alan Wilson as well, but we had a fairly dramatic fall-out at one point. Though time passes, I would like to track them down sometime.

If anyone know Ted McNeely, let me know. He wasn't in the band, but I was friends with him in school, worked with him after we graduated, and lost contact.

Nice to see the Blog, hope all are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving also!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great to hear you are still doing well! Sounds like your relationship is going well! Congrats!! I know how important and nice it is to get it right after getting it wrong! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Rhonda

Tami said...

Hey you!! Nice to see you and hear what life has brought you!! I hope you are really doing well.... I can't wait to hear more about life for you!

Happy Holidays!

tami