Monday, November 19, 2007

hello there

What a blast from the past! I am Tony Aviles, I remember most of the names I see so far, good to see this blog stood up. I live up here in Washington state in a little place called Silverdale. I am stationed at a submarine base close by. I have been in the Navy for 22 years and am retiring from that in January.
I dont think there has been a better Buena band than when we were at the helm. It was a great time to be a part of that awesome unit and I made some life long friends. I saw Jeff Sherk last summer. Me and my family went down to Ventura to see some family, hooked up with Jeff who is an Air Force Officer stationed at LA AFB. We had a night out, had a few cold ones and caught up.
John Spoentgen is in Baton Rogue, LA, not sure what he is up to, haven't talked to him in awhile.
Hope to hear from you guys. Band was the most memorable time of high school for me.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Tony!
So glad you logged on!! We remember well the reign of the 1983 Senior Class. You all taught us what it meant to be a marching bulldog!

Would love to contact your sister, and invite her to the blog as well!

Cheers, and WELCOME!
Rhonda

Tami said...

Hey Fellow North Westerner.....

Will you be staying here when you retire? I am over here in Yakima and don't plan to stay here... will eventually end up probably in Spokane...

Can't wait to hear more about you and life... please let Missy know we are lookin for her!