Sunday, November 25, 2007

O.k... so where does the time go!

Wow... this has been awesome to see people come around! How fun!

This is always a crazy time for me as it is the end of the first quarter of school so I am frantic getting final papers written (queen of procrastination, still! shut up Rhonda!) studying for finals and trying to maintain some kind of order around the house!

I really hope that everyones holiday was wonderful!! Mine was.... well... different. It was the first since my divorce and that always adds a twist to things, but also my oldest daughter decided to spend it with her boyfriends family instead of ours. That is a long story in itself, but it was just very different. Not sure I'm ready for my kids to be so grown up!

The big news is that we did hear back from Western Culinary Institute for my other daughter and she has been officially accepted!! So my mom and I surprised her on Friday and took her to do a personal tour, meet one of the bakery chefs, spend time with the recruiter and just hang out. She thought she was getting a special treat by just being allowed in on the shopping trip mom and I do every year. Then when I drove past the exit we should have taken for shopping... she asked "Where are we going shopping?" When I said Portland... she just got really quite for a minute. You would have to know my daughter (oh wait you know Rhonda... yea being quite is a big thing there...... LOL... I love them both very much!) but she finally says.... "are we going to my school??????" Needless to say she was VERY surprised and VERY happy to do the tour and get all the things she did! Now just pray for good scholarships!

Please share with us any great Holiday traditions your family has developed and maybe can be shared by others! I know I would love to hear about them all since my family will be looking to make "new" traditions!

Take care and God Bless!
Tami

2 comments:

Tony Aviles said...

Well, I am undecided about that. I am on the sound and I don't much like it, so much rain. I wouldn't mind the tri cities area, nice and hot, cheap housing. I understand Yakima is nice.

Tami said...

LOL... don't come to Yakima!! I hate it here!! I am finishing up my B.S. degree then I'm outta here to Spokane! I think you should look there.... Spokane has the GREAT 4 seasons and yet still has much of the scenery that the West Side has. There are trees and rivers that you can actually enjoy! Yakima has nothing, the crime rate is high, although housing is cheap, it is just as cheap if not better in Spokane.