Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Intriguing to have the past catch up…..

Certainly interesting to see a few names on the email list that I recognize. It has been quite a few years since I have thought about high school.

My name is Ben B. Yaspelkis III. Following graduation from high school (1984) I received a B.S. in Sports Medicine from Pepperdine University in 1988. I then completed my M.S. (1990) and Ph.D. (1995) in Exercise Science at the University of Texas at Austin in Exercise Science. I was awarded a Howard Hughes Institute Post-doctoral Fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (Philadelphia, PA) for 1995-1996. I then accepted a tenure track position at California State University Northridge (CSUN) in 1996. I currently serve as Professor of Kinesiology and Director of the Exercise Physiology and Biochemistry Laboratories at CSUN. I am a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, hold memberships in the American Diabetes Association and American Physiological Society, and served as the 2006-2007 President of the Southwest Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine. My laboratory has been extremely active the past 12 years investigating insulin action and carbohydrate metabolism in skeletal muscle. We have published over 40 research articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and have collaborated with research groups in the United States, Australia, Canada and Europe. If interested in our body of work simply Google my last name.

I met my wife Suzanne in Austin, Texas and we were married in 1996. We currently reside in Moorpark, CA. We have two children, Ben IV (5 years old) and Stasja (5 months old).

3 comments:

Chris A. said...

Thanks for the resume.

Tony Aviles said...

Hey there Ben, good to hear your are doing well....guess I won't be bumming a smoke from you.

Tami said...

Welcome!!!! Thanks for taking the time to fill us in on everything... thats what this is all about!!

Look forward to FREQUENT updates!!